Our Approach to Athletics
It is the philosophy of CCA Athletics to provide a quality sports program in a Christian context.
Our goal is to offer experiences that develop the young person physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. We believe that our abilities are a gift of God and that we are obligated to use them to the best of our abilities. CCA Athletics is valued as an integral part of a child’s overall development and education.
Our goal is to win, but we understand that winning is an outcome that is not completely under our control. We believe that athletics must teach positive values, build self-confidence and promote a respect for others. We stress that good sportsmanship, individual development and team unity supersede winning. Winning without honor, integrity or Christ-likeness is not truly winning.
The individual goals of an athlete or coach will not take precedent over the goals of a team. Likewise, the goals of a team or specific sport program will not take precedence over the goals of the overall athletic program.
Goals & Objectives
- To glorify God in all that we do (Colossians 3:23)
- To promote and build character, integrity and sportsmanship in our students.
- To provide as many opportunities as possible for our students to participate.
- To recognize students’ participation and achievement in athletics.
- To develop school pride among the student body, our parents, and community.
- To be a liaison for students who need additional support for sports we do not current offer.
Please read our Athletic Handbook for more details about our program.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.